A delicious dinner in less than 35 minutes? YES PLEASE! These Vegan Air Fryer Fajitas are low effort & high reward. Loaded with peppers, onions and tasty fajita-style soy curls! You're gonna love them!
(There may be affiliate links in this post. I may earn a commission for qualified purchases with no added cost to you. Thank you for your support!)
Fajitas are my favorite. They're my go-to any time we go out for Mexican Food for dinner, I guess I'm a creature of habit.. or maybe I just know what I like. haha!
Making fajitas at home is a must! Especially this particular recipe because it's
- made in the air fryer
- is SO fast to make
- gives you a fancy feeling dinner in less than 35 minutes
- healthy and protein packed
These Air Fried Fajitas are vegan, gluten free and have an oil free option!
Let's gather our ingredients and get to cooking! For this recipe you will need:
- bell peppers
- onion - yellow or a sweet variety like Vidalia
- soy curls
- vegan beef broth (This is the one I use or use another veggie based broth)
- balsamic vinegar
- chili powder
- smoked paprika (feel free to use regular paprika, but I like smoked because it adds a delicious smoky flavor)
- salt & pepper
- Tortillas and toppings - like fresh lime juice, cilantro and guacamole!
Let's make fajitas!
These simple vegan air fryer fajitas come together fast and have simple, easy to follow steps. (Check the recipe card for exact directions, times and temperature!)
Prep the Soy Curls and Veggies
Prep your soy curls by covering them with hot vegan beef broth to reconstitute. Set them aside while you prep your veggies.
Prep the onions and peppers by removing the skins or seeds and then cutting them up into slices, about ½-3/4 inch thick depending on your preference.
Cook the Veggies and Season the Soy Curls
Add the sliced peppers and onions to the air fryer with a light spray of cooking oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Start to cook them up!
Drain any remaining broth from the soy curls and then add all the seasonings and give them a good mix before adding them to the air fryer as well.
Finish Cooking & Serve!
After adding the soy curls to the air fryer, continue cooking, checking them every 5 minutes, tossing them and checking for doneness. They are finished when they look the best to you! Don't overcook them or the soy curls will dry out too much and become crunchy!
Serve the fajita-style soy curls and veggies over a warmed tortilla and topped with fresh lime juice, cilantro and guacamole OR as a scrumptious fajita bowl over rice! It's especially delicious with a dollop of White Bean Avocado Dip!
What Air Fryer is best?
I haven't found a bad air fryer, so whatever you have is what is best! I was given a hand-me-down cooks essential air fryer (like this one) years ago and it's still chugging along just fine, so I see no need to upgrade it!
Top Air Frying Tip!
Different Air Fryers may cook differently, so after you add your soy curls I would recommend checking them every 5 minutes and stop when they look good to you! If you over cook the soy curls in the air fryer they can become too crispy!
Use this fajita recipe as a base for traditional style fajitas served on a warm tortilla or as a fajita bowl, served over rice with all the toppings!
Soy curls use whole soy beans to create the most amazing plant based protein source! They are a popular meat replacer that is fairly bland to begin and the perfect palate for all your favorite spices or sauces.
Absolutely! These fajitas hold up well in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days. They are best reheated in the air fryer.
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment and ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below! Take a picture and tag me on Instagram @samcookskindness !
Vegan Air Fryer Fajitas
- 2 cups soy curls 80g
- 2 cups vegan beef broth, hot may sub other veggie broth
- 1 medium onion
- 4 bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ tablespoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- oil based cooking spray
- 9-12 warmed corn or flour tortillas
- guacamole or white bean avocado dip!*
- fresh lime juice
- fresh cilantro
- Into a bowl add hot broth and soy curls. Set aside for 5-10 minutes, mixing half way through.
- Prep the onions by removing skins and cutting into slices. Remove seeds from peppers and cut into slices. Add to air fryer basket with a light spray of oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Cook at 380°F for 6 minutes.
- Drain any remaining broth from soy curls. To the bowl with the soy curls add remaining ingredients: balsamic vinegar, cumin, coriander, chili powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika and pepper. Mix well to coat all soy curls.
- Add soy curls to air fryer with the peppers and onions and cook for 15-20 minutes, checking every 5 minutes, mixing and checking for your desired level of doneness. DO NOT OVERCOOK! Taste and adjust salt.
- Serve on warmed tortillas with a squeeze of fresh lime, cilantro and a dollop of guacamole!
Made this for dinner tonight and it was so good and easy! I only had two peppers on hand, so that’s what I used and it still worked out amazing. Definitely will be making this again!