Looking for an easy vegan meal? These Buffalo Chickpea Wraps are a simple and delicious meal that's perfect for a picnic or work lunches! Spicy, delicious and loaded with veggies and plant based protein!
(There are affiliate links in this post. I may earn a commission for qualified purchases with no added cost to you. Thank you for your support!)
There's just something about a good Buffalo (as in the hot sauce) recipe that just hits right for me.
This easy lunch was inspired by my Buffalo Chickpea Eggrolls, which is also delicious and wonderful. However, this wrap takes on a whole new life. It's easy to make, great for prepping ahead of time and perfect for a healthy and filling meal on the go!
No buffalo dish is complete without a good creamy dressing. This recipe uses my easy Creamy Dill Dressing, but, you could sub your favorite vegan ranch if you prefer.
What you'll need to make Vegan Buffalo Wraps
Buffalo Chickpea Filling
- cooked (or canned) chickpeas
- green onions
- buffalo sauce
- creamy dill dressing or your favorite vegan ranch
- slaw mix- store bought is great way to save time. You can also choose to thinly slice or shred cabbage and carrots instead!
- apple cider vinegar
- creamy dill dressing or your favorite vegan ranch or mayo
- cherry tomatoes
- large whole grain wraps - I like Ezekiel Sprouted Grain Tortillas
How to make Buffalo Chickpea Wraps
Step 1: Prep the fillings
Buffalo Chickpeas- Add drained and rinsed chickpeas, buffalo sauce, green onions and creamy dill dressing to a bowl and mash with a potato masher (or fork) until well combined. Filling should stick together, but still have chunks of chickpeas.
Veggie Slaw- Add all slaw ingredients to a bowl and mix well! Taste and adjust salt and pepper as desired.
Step 2: Wrap it
Note- If you're using a tortilla that doesn't feel that bendable, take a few minutes to warm it in a pan over low-medium heat until just pliable. There's nothing worse than going to roll your wrap and it breaking all over the place.
Wrap it up- To the center of the tortilla add a large scoop of the Buffalo Chickpeas and the veggie slaw. Then roll it up like a burrito: fold both sides over the filling, grab the bottom and fold over top and continue rolling gently and firmly until closed.
Optional Step 3: Grill it!
These Buffalo Chickpea Wraps are delicious as is, but you could also choose to take it a step further by giving them a quick cook on the stove to warm it up and seal your wrap. Place seam side down on a pan or skillet over medium heat and warm for 3-4 minutes per side!
Enjoy- Chow down on this wrap as is or dip in some more dressing or hot sauce!
Buffalo Wrap Tips & Tricks
This recipe as written is vegan, oil free and gluten-free if you choose a gluten-free wrap. Here's a few tips & tricks for the best Buffalo Chickpea Wrap!
- Get the store bought slaw mix or make your own- save time and energy by starting the veggie slaw with a store bought mix. If you'd rather you could also thinly slice or shred your own cabbage and carrot.
- Wrap options- Enjoy these wraps with your favorite tortillas of choice. I really enjoy these with Ezekiel Sprouted Grain Wraps, and they are also delicious wrapped in a large collard leaf as well.
- Dressings- This recipe calls for Creamy Dill Dressing, but you can substitute any store bought vegan ranch or even vegan mayo to save time if you don't want to make your own.
- Add a tangy twist- Add Pickled Red Onions to this wrap for even more flavor and a tangy twist.
- Want to pair this with a soup? Try this Instant Pot Black Bean Soup or Potato Leek & Greens Soup.
These Vegan Buffalo Wraps are best enjoyed fresh. However, you can wrap these in parchment or foil and they will keep for up to 12 hours in the fridge, which is great for work lunches or meals on the go!
If you don't plan on eating them within 12 hours, store the filling and slaw separate in the fridge and pull it out for a fast meal when you're ready to eat.
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment and ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below! Take a picture and tag me on Instagram @samcookskindness !
Buffalo Chickpea Wraps
Buffalo Chickpea Filling
- 3½ cups cooked chickpeas (2 15.5oz cans) drained and rinsed
- 4-5 green onions, whites and greens thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup buffalo sauce
- 3 tablespoons creamy dill dressing* or your favorite vegan ranch
- 4 cups slaw mix substitute thinly sliced cabbage and shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup creamy dill dressing* or your favorite vegan ranch or mayo
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- pepper to taste
- 4 large whole grain wraps I like Ezekiel Sprouted Grain Tortillas
Prep Buffalo Chickpea Filling
- In a mixing bowl add all filling ingredients. Mash with a potato masher or fork to desired consistency. Tip: Leave some chickpeas chunky, you don't want this to be completely smooth.
- In another bowl mix together all slaw ingredients. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- If your wraps are not pliable, warm them briefly in a large pan on the stove until they are soft and easily bendable.
- To the center of each wrap, add a large scoop of filling and slaw. (You could also add more dressing or hot sauce to your taste.)
- Fold the sides of the wrap in over the filling, fold the bottom of the tortilla up over the filling and continue rolling to gently but tightly close it.
- Enjoy as is or lightly cook seam side down in a non stick pan over medium-low heat for 3-4 mins a side to warm and seal. Cut in half and enjoy with more creamy dill dressing or hot sauce!