These Vegan Chocolate Banana Mini Muffins are a tasty (& healthy!) little treat that are oil free, gluten free and dairy free! A one-bowl, easy recipe that will disappear so quickly you'll want to make them again & again! They are wonderful to pack for lunches or just as a snack for when that sweet tooth hits!
(There are affiliate links in this post. I may earn a commission for qualified purchases with no added cost to you. Thank you for your support!)
These are the best chocolate banana mini muffins.
Bananas are a staple in our home and its pretty rare for them to reach that super mature (read: super brown) level of ripeness.
Luckily, this Chocolate Banana Mini Muffin recipe can be made with those just-ripe-enough bananas... you know the ones... yellow with just a bit of brown spots starting. So no need to wait for those little yellow guys to turn brown to enjoy a delicious banana bread inspired treat!!
What we love about these mini muffins!
Gluten Free - These muffins are gluten free and still divinely light and fluffy. The perfect mix of almond flour and oat flour provide just enough lift and crumbliness, no one will ever be able to guess there's no wheat flour involved.
Healthy - These chocolate banana muffins are oil free and egg free! Made with a blend of oat flour and almond flour and sweetened with banana and coconut sugar! All while still perfectly soft and fluffy and studded with gooey chocolate!
Easy One-Bowl Recipe - These vegan muffins are so simple to make! They come together easily in one bowl with mashed ripe banana and a handful of pantry friendly ingredients!
Kid Friendly - These healthy little muffins are a favorite snack for my kids! They literally NEVER last more than 2 days, if that. Luckily they freeze well, so doubling the batch is always a good idea. 😉
Grab a big bowl and these 10 simple ingredients and get baking!
- ripe bananas
- cocoa powder
- oat flour gluten free if needed
- almond flour finely sifted
- coconut sugar
- baking powder
- baking soda
- sea salt
- soy milk or vegan milk of choice
- vegan mini chocolate chips
Here's a quick overview of how easy these Chocolate Banana Mini Muffins come together.
- Pre-heat oven and prepare mini muffin tin with a light spray of non-stick spray or line with mini parchment liners.
- In a large bowl, mash banana until very little to no chunks remain. Add in remaining ingredients and whisk to combine well, then stir in those mini chocolate chips!
- Spoon batter into muffin tin. Top Tip -> I use my Cookie Scoop to make the spooning process easier and cleanup super simple!
- Bake for 22-25 minutes and allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from tin.
Tips & Tricks
- Weigh your flours for the best results. If weighing is not an option for you, make sure you spoon the flour into the measuring cup instead of scooping for more accurate results.
- Nut- Free - To make these muffins Nut-Free, swap the almond flour with more oat flour and add an additional 3 tablespoons of soy milk.
- Cookie Scooper - I already mentioned this above, but it's my favorite tip. Using a cookie scoop to divide your batter is a game-changer. It makes the scooping so easy and clean up a breeze.
Do Vegan Banana Muffins need an egg replacer?
Nope! There's no need for a egg replacer in these muffins. Banana actually works great as a replacement for eggs when veganizing a sweet dish that typically uses egg as a binder.
Can these be made as regular sized muffins?
As a gluten free muffin, these work best as mini muffins. HOWEVER, you can make these into regular sized muffins if you'd like. This recipe will make between 7-8 regular sized muffins.
You will also need to adjust the cook time and temperature. I would bake them at 325 degrees F and would expect them to bake in around 35-40 minutes. Watch them carefully!
Store your healthy chocolate banana mini muffins in a sealed container or bag for 3-4 days.
These mini muffins also freeze very well! Make a double batch and freeze the leftovers for 2-3 months. Just let them thaw at room temperature or defrost in the microwave for 10-15 seconds.
Toss a couple frozen muffins into your child's lunch box in the morning and they should be ready to go by lunch time!!
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment and ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below! Take a picture and tag me on Instagram @samcookskindness !
Looking for more delicious & healthy muffins??
Vegan Chocolate Banana Mini Muffins
- 2 ripe bananas about 1 cup mashed
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ cup oat flour gluten free if needed
- ⅓ cup almond flour finely sifted
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅓ cup soy milk or vegan milk of choice
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips, vegan
- Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare your mini muffin tin with a light spray of oil or line with mini parchment liners.
- In a large bowl, mash banana until very little to no chunks remain. Add remaining ingredients (except chocolate chips) to bowl and whisk until completely combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into prepared tin, around 2 tablespoons for each muffin. (This recipe should make about 20-22 muffins) Top each muffin with more chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake on middle rack for 22-25 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from tin.