Crispy Vegan Italian Sausage Crumbles will easily become a staple in your house! These addicting crunchy bites are perfect for pizza, pasta, calzones or even tacos! Oil free, nut free, gluten free and done in less than 30 minutes!
Welcome 2021! How was your January?? Here's to some good times, reconnecting with ourselves and hopefully lots of hugs! Does anyone else feel like when we're FINALLY able to freely socialize in person, they're not gonna remember how to do it right?? I'm already pretty socially awkward to begin with.. so that should be extra fun. I see many uncomfortable interactions in my future haha!
But you know what's not socially awkward?? These delightful Crispy Italian Tofu "Sausage"' Crumbles! (brilliant transition, right?) 🤣
These crispy vegan Italian sausage crumbles are SO SIMPLE to make. Just crumble tofu, mix with seasonings and bake. Boom. Done. While baking your house will be full of the smells of sausage-y goodness, you're mouth will be watering.
They will quickly become a staple in your house! They are super versatile and so tasty that you'll be lucky if they make it off the pan! (Seriously, I can't stop picking at them when they're fresh out of the oven).
I love to use these crumbles for basically everything, they're a perfect addition to pasta dishes such as lasagna, Creamy Cajun Penne or even just a crunchy topping for buddha bowls, salads or even tacos! They store great in the fridge for about 5 days and are perfect for meal prepping!
Pin it for Later ⬇
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment and ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below! Take a picture and tag me on Instagram @samcookskindness !
Crispy Vegan Italian Sausage Crumbles
- 2 blocks extra firm tofu
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 3 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne powder optional
- Press or pat tofu dry. Set oven for 400°
- Crumble dried tofu using hands in medium bowl and add in all remaining ingredients. Mix until combined well and all tofu is coated in spices.
- Place tofu mixture on baking sheet lined silicone mat (or parchment paper), spread out in a single layer. Use two baking sheets if necessary.
- Bake for 25 minutes. No need to flip. Eat as is or use as you would crumbled sausage! The little crispy bits are the best, so don't leave them behind!