Welcome fellow muffin lovers!! I'm excited to share with you today's recipe! These Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread Muffins are SO easy to make and super tasty. They are light, fluffy and you can't even tell that they're "healthier" than traditional muffins!
These Banana Bread Muffins are the perfect way to use up those browning bananas that are staring at you from the counter. You know the ones. 🍌Give those bananas a second chance!
Grab a bowl and mix these babies up! Have little kids? Get them involved! My toddlers loved to mash up the bananas and swirl in the toppings! And you know the muffins are good, 'cause my 4 year old devoured multiple, despite the fact that there was no chocolate involved! Mom win!
These simple muffins come together with no "weird" ingredients. And are leveled up by adding in that sweet, cinnamon-y swirl on top.
What you need to make Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread Muffins
- For the Muffins ⬇
- Ripe Bananas - lots of brown spots means a sweeter banana! Perfect for this recipe
- Vanilla Extract
- Plant Based Milk - I like to use Oat or Soy
- Apple Cider Vinegar - to create that yummy buttermilk flavor
- Brown Sugar - or I personally like to sub in coconut sugar
- Baking Powder & Salt
- For the Swirl ⬇
- Ripe Banana
- Brown Sugar
- Plant Milk
Only simple, everyday ingredients needed! I hope you love them! Comment below or tag me on Instagram with your creations!
Check out some of my other favorite baked goods! Blueberry Breakfast Cookies and Healthy Oatmeal Cookies!
Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread Muffins
- 2 very ripe bananas about 1 cup mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plant based milk*
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar (packed) sub coconut sugar
- 1¾ cups white whole wheat flour, 260g
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ ripe banana mashed well
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar sub coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon plant based milk
- Set oven for 375°
- In a medium bowl mash banana very well.
- Add to bowl vanilla extract, plant based milk, apple cider vinegar and brown sugar and whisk till fully combined.
- Then add flour, baking powder and salt to bowl and whisk till just combined.
- Divide muffin batter evenly between paper lined or lightly sprayed cupcake tin, makes 12 muffins.
- In a small bowl mash banana very well and whisk together all remaining Swirl ingredients till smooth
- Divide swirl between the muffins and use a toothpick to swirl it into the top of the muffins
- Bake for 18-20 minutes till toothpick comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool completely prior to removing from pan. Enjoy!
Connect with me!
Leave a Reply