This Instant Pot Celery Root Puree is creamy and loaded with fall flavors of rosemary, sage and garlic. Easy to make, no-drain, instant pot recipe that's the perfect addition to any holiday or cozy fall meal!
What's Celery Root?
As I get older I love to discover new foods, especially new plants! Celeriac, aka Celery Root, is something I discovered for the first time a few years ago when I received some in my CSA box. I had no clue what to do with it! It can look super overwhelming at first glance!
To prepare celery root
You can basically treat it like a very rough, bumpy potato. 🥔 First wash and scrub the outer layer clean, remove any visible dirt. Next, you need to remove that outer bumpy skin. I like to start with a hand peeler and remove as much as I can that way. Next I grab a sharp knife and carefully remove any bits that I could not remove with the peeler. You can alternatively do this all with the knife, just try not to lose too much of the "meat"!
How do you eat it?
Celery root is literally what it sounds like. It's the round, bulb-like, bumby, alien looking root of the celery plant! It has a slight celery flavor, but much more mild and a little sweet. It's great cubed and tossed into soups, stews, roasted and sautéed!
But purees and mashes continue to be my favorite way to eat celeriac and so I'm sharing one of my favorite twists!
Instant Pot Celery Root Puree
The Instant Pot really makes life so much more simple and it continues to be one of my favorite appliances in the kitchen.
Making this Instant Pot Celery Root Puree could not be any easier. Simply prepare your vegetables and toss them in your instant pot with vegetable broth and cook until nice and fork tender.
After allowing Instant Pot to natural release for about 10 minutes and releasing the rest of the pressure, add in remaining ingredients and mash or puree with an immersion blender until creamy!
Enjoy as is or top with this delicious Creamy Mushroom Gravy!
Pin it for later ⬇
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment and ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below! Take a picture and tag me on Instagram @samcookskindness !
Try some other Comfort Foods this Fall!
Celery Root Puree
- 1 lb celery root
- 2 lbs gold potatoes
- ¾ cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1-2 tablespoons vegan butter optional
- Prepare veggies- Wash and scrub potatoes and celery root. For celery root, remove tough outer skin, either by peeling or carefully with a knife. Cut into small ½ inch cubes. For potatoes, peel (or leave skins on) and cut into rough chunks.
- Add prepared celery root, potatoes and broth to instant pot. Pressure cook for 12 minutes, allowing a 8-10 minute natural release, and then carefully vent the rest of the pressure.
- Add remaining ingredients and mash well or use an immersion blender until creamy. Adjust seasonings to taste and serve!