This filling and cozy Cherry Quinoa Breakfast Bake is so delicious you'll think you're eating dessert! Simple ingredients, easy to make and perfect to prep ahead! Gluten free & Vegan!
Hey there Kind Cookers, I'm so glad you're here. 💜 I hope you're ready for an easy breakfast recipe that you're going to absolutely love.
I'm an avid oatmeal lover and I usually prefer my oats to be on the savory side (like these) but every once in a while I get on a sweet kick and lately this Cherry Quinoa Breakfast Bake is totally satisfying that craving.
This Breakfast is
- perfectly sweet & satisfying
- fluffy & tender with a little crunch of walnuts
- protein rich thanks so a mix of quinoa, rolled oats & walnuts (opt for soy milk for even more!)
- wholesome and healthy
- gluten free & vegan
- great for meal prep
- quick to prep and easy to make
Here's what you'll need 👇
- Frozen Sweet Cherries
- Maple Syrup
- Rolled Oats
- Coconut Sugar (optional for my sweet lovers 💜)
- Ground Flax Seed
- Vanilla Extract
- Water or Plant Based Milk
- Walnuts (also optional but highly recommended)
How to eat this Quinoa Breakfast Bake
Out of the oven, this dish is DIVINE. It's light & fluffy, with a nutty flavor and hints of cinnamon. The base is a mix of quinoa and rolled oats and the tender texture of the two together is on point. Top that base off with juicy sweet cherries, sweet maple syrup and crunchy toasted walnuts and just... *chef's kiss*
This Breakfast bake is also great for meal prep. Prep takes less than 10 minutes to throw together and you'll have breakfast set for the next few days! The bake will firm up as it cools and you can easily store squares in food prep containers to grab on the go!
I enjoy this Cherry Quinoa Breakfast Bake
- fresh out of the oven, as is
- topped with sliced banana and cold, plant based milk for a clash of hot and cold that is to die for
- cold right out of the fridge on the go
- reheated with a little soy milk and a drizzle of almond butter 🤤
You really can't go wrong, what every way you slice (or scoop!) it!! 💜
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment and ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below! Take a picture and tag me on Instagram @samcookskindness !
How about these other yum breakfast ideas?
- Vegan Breakfast Casserole
- Chocolate Mocha Mug Cake
- Make Ahead Chocolate Chip Oatie Bars
- One Pan Southwest Sweet Potatoes
Quinoa Breakfast Bake with Sweet Cherries & Walnuts
- 3 heaping cups frozen cherries pitted
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1½ cups rolled oats gluten free if needed
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar (or sub brown sugar) optional
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2¼ cup water or plant based milk
- ⅓ cup walnuts, roughly chopped optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Add frozen cherries and maple syrup to a bowl. Give a quick mix and set to the side.
- Into another bowl, add quinoa, oats, coconut sugar, salt, cinnamon and flax. Mix well. Add vanilla extract and milk (or water) and stir to combine.
- In an 8x8 non-stick baking dish (spray lightly with non-stick spray if needed) pour in oat mixture, give a light stir to distribute the quinoa evenly in dish and bake for 15 minutes.
- After the 15 minutes is up, carefully remove from oven and use a spoon or spatula to spread cherries evenly over top of oats. Also scatter walnuts on top at this point if using. (Careful not to burn yourself please!) Bake for another 30 minutes.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes then scoop out a serving into a bowl and enjoy as is or topped with plant based milk and sliced banana.