Vegan Spicy Mayo is creamy with a kick! A must have in every plant based kitchen when searching for a more wholesome alternative to store bought mayo. Use on sandwiches, sushi or your next buddha bowl or salad!
There are affiliate links in this post. I may make a commission for qualifying purchases at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
I make this recipe frequently. If you know me, or you've been browsing the blog long enough, you'll know I'm a condiment FIEND.
In my world no meal is complete without toppings.
I have a love/hate relationship with mayo. I LOVE how delicious it is and how it's the absolute perfect topping for that summer tomato toast and SO yummy with the spicy version drizzled all over sushi rolls or okonomiyaki (Japanese pancakes). 🤤 and I'm sure you can all guess why I hate it... I hate that I don't hate it 🥴🤣
Anyway, in my experience of loving mayo, but also kinda caring about my health I've made many different versions of vegan mayo & spicy mayo.
This is the version I always come back to. It's creamy, spicy, slightly tangy and the perfect, whole-food, plant-based swap for the traditional version! Lower fat but still all the finger licking goodness.
And since I love to incorporate it into many things I eat and often refer to it in lots of my recipes here we go! 🌶
The Makings of Vegan Spicy Mayo
Making this whole-food, plant-based, Spicy Mayo could not be simpler. The recipe makes a decent amount, and is great stored it in a sealed container for use throughout the week.
What you'll need ⤵
- raw cashews - cashews are best softened before blending. Either soaked overnight, or boiled in water for about 10 minutes prior to using.
- silken tofu - the boxed, shelf stable version! I LOVE Mori-Nu, I buy it in bulk packages and keep them in my closet until the emergent moment I realize I have no Spicy Mayo and need to make more. 🆘
- apple cider vinegar
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- sea salt
- sriracha - choose your own adventure for your level of spice! I recommend stirring this in at the end in ½ tablespoon increments until you're tongue tingles just right. 🤗
Let's use it!
This Spicy Mayo goes great with basically anything. I love to use it on some of my favorites like...
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment and ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below! Take a picture and tag me on Instagram @samcookskindness !
Vegan Spicy Mayo
- bullet-style blender
- ⅓ cup raw cashews soaked overnight or boiled for 10 minutes
- 12.3 oz silken tofu, 349g boxed, water packed variety not recommended
- 1½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ½-2 tablespoons sriracha add and adjust at the end to desired level of spice
- Add soaked and drained cashews to a bullet-style blender with all other ingredients, except for sriracha. Blend until smooth and creamy, pushing down sides if needed.
- Add sriracha to mayo mixture, ½ tablespoon at a time until you achieve your desired spice level.
- Enjoy! Store in a sealed jar or container for 5-7 days
Thanks for this idea! I’ve been using this in place of mayo a lot. I make it without the sriracha for everyday things, but love the spicy version for sushi bowls 🤤