Fresh, coconuty, crispy cauliflower bites topped with a creamy, spicy and sweet sauce. This Baked Bang Bang Cauliflower is literally what my dreams are made of.
In my less health conscious days I would literally go to town on some Bang Bang Shrimp. Fried, fatty, creamy, spicy sauce. I can literally feel my arteries clogging thinking about it. The more we know, right?
But we've move onto bigger and better things. We make better choices for ourselves and we don't sacrifice flavor (just the clogged arteries)
This Coconut Cauliflower is crispy, golden brown and oh so delicious, even on it's own. But then we top it with the most creamy, sweet & spicy sauce and just push it up a whole other level. I'm drooling.
Healthier & Vegan
Seriously, what can't cauliflower do? No little shrimpies harmed.. they can go on living their little shrimpy life. Cauliflower may not be loaded with protein if you're trying to make this into a meal, but don't worry the sauce is! This Baked Bang Bang Cauliflower gives us that soft inside and crispy, satisfying bite without being fried or the use of oil!
We're using Mori-Nu Extra Firm Silken Tofu to make the most indulgent feeling Bang Bang Sauce without the mayo. The tofu packs hidden protein into this dish while also giving us that creamy base that we desire. Mixed with a few other key ingredients (hello sweet chili sauce, I'm obsessed) and we get the most decadent feeling sauce.
The many ways to serve Baked Bang Bang Coconut Cauliflower
The options here are literally endless and it just makes me so happy. Serve these delicious little morsels as a snack, side or even a complete meal!
You can choose to dredge the Crispy Cauliflower bites in the sauce right out of the oven and go to town. Or you can choose to be fancy and drizzle that sauce over the top or dip each bite. No matter what you choose you absolutely can not go wrong.
Turn these into a complete meal by serving over rice or a grain of your choice! Grain, veggies, protein. Boom.
Enjoy every last bite. You may even want to lick that plate clean after this one.
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment and ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below! Take a picture and tag me on Instagram @samcookskindness !
Here's some more dinner ideas! Check out these Homestyle Vegan Meatballs and Curried Red Lentil Noodle Soup!
(This post may contain affiliate links. If you click & purchase I may receive a small commission at no cost to you.)
Bang Bang Coconut Cauliflower
- ½ cup chickpea flr may sub whole wheat or all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup panko whole wheat if available
- 2-3 tablespoon shredded coconut**
- 1 head cauliflower
Bang Bang Sauce
- ⅓ cup sweet chili sauce
- ½ block extra firm silken tofu, 174g I use Mori-Nu*
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- ½ tablespoon sriracha
Optional For Serving
- sliced green onions
- prepared rice or other grain of choice
- Wash and cut cauliflower into bite sized florets and set aside. (Don't waste the stalk bits, include them, they may not look as cute but they are delicious too!)
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- In a large bowl whisk together chickpea flour, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, onion powder and water until combined and smooth
- In another large bowl, add panko and shredded coconut
- Add cauliflower florets into batter mixture and mix until all the cauliflower is lightly coated
- Now move battered cauliflower into the panko bowl. Do not dump extra batter into panko bowl.
- Gently stir to lightly coat each cauliflower in panko and then place onto a parchment lined baking sheet, leaving space between each piece. (You may need two baking sheets, Do not over crowd.)
- Bake the cauliflower for 22-26 minutes until golden brown. No need to flip, but if you are using multiple sheet pans, rotate the pans halfway through.
- While cauliflower is baking, prepare your Bang Bang Sauce. Combine all ingredients into a bullet style blender and blend on high until fully combined and smooth.
- You can toss the cauliflower with the sauce right out of the oven and serve OR you can choose to dip the cauliflower in the sauce OR drizzle the sauce over the cauliflower.
- It's also delicious over rice as a complete meal! Top with green onions and/or cilantro if you're fancy!
Leave a Reply