vegan, quick, gluten free, oil free, nut-free option
Well hi there!
Happy Soup Season everyone! Comforting soup and dreaming of summer is basically what gives me life through the winter months. I'm just not a cold weather type of person and I find it getting worse as I get older. I live for the summer garden, heat, sun... don't mind me, just dreaming of better days to come.
But meanwhile, in my hibernation, I'm warming myself up with yummy soups and comforting foods, like this super easy and Creamy Potato Leek & Greens Soup. It's low effort and high reward, my favorite type of recipe!
Instant Pot Soups
I love my Instant Pot, it gets used multiple times every week and I honestly can't imagine what my kitchen would be like without it. This soup is the perfect example of a fast dump-and-go type of meal and as a busy mom I can fully appreciate that.
If you don't have an Instant Pot yet, this is the one I have. It's one of the basic models and has all the functions I need. My favorite uses are cooking my beans from dry, making soups and stews and quickly steaming potatoes and veg!
What you'll need for this recipe
Blender or Immersion blender
Cutting Board and Knife
How to Make?
This is the EASIEST recipe. No fancy cutting. Just clean your veg, roughly chop and throw everything into the instant pot. Cook. Blend. Add some greens. Done.
Enjoy snuggling up to this creamy dreamy soup and leave comment or tag me on Instagram to let me know how it goes!!
(This post contains affiliate links. If you click & purchase I may receive a small commission at no cost to you.)
Creamy Potato Leek Soup & Greens
- 1½ lb white potatoes about 3 large
- 1 large leek
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 ribs celery
- ½ sweet onion, large can sub additional leek
- ⅓ cup raw cashews*
- 6 cups vegetable broth or water with bouillon
- 1 teaspoon thyme dried
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups lacinato kale or baby greens
- pepper to taste
- Scrub potatoes clean and roughly chop. (You can peel your potatoes if desired, but I don't mind the difference in color personally) Add to Instant Pot.
- Slice leeks down the middle lengthwise and clean thoroughly. Slice into rough half moons shapes. Add white portions to Instant Pot. (Tip-freeze green portions for your next veggie broth!)
- Roughly chop garlic, celery and sweet onion and add to Instant Pot.
- Add cashews, broth, thyme and bay leaf. Mix to combine. Pressure cook for 6 minutes allowing a natural release.
- Remove bay leaf and blend soup. Either with immersion blender or in a standing blender. (Allow soup to cool slightly and be careful if using standing blender as to avoid splashing)
- Stir in baby greens or sliced lacinato kale or baby greens and allow to wilt.
- Serve with some freshly cracked pepper and enjoy
Connect with me!