This simple Cranberry Pear Sauce is a favorite holiday favorite. It's an easy to make, classic dish that is a little sweet and a little tart! Sweetened with maple syrup!
Are you team homemade cranberry sauce or canned??
Growing up I was 100% canned all the way. I wouldn't even taste homemade and honestly I don't remember anything except the canned being offered.
Many years ago, I'm not sure what got into me but I decided to try and make my own. IT WAS LIFE CHANGING. I've never looked back.
Cranberry Pear Sauce made easy as pie!
This sweet & tangy cranberry sauce is so easy to make. Only 4 ingredients and less than 30 minutes for the perfect addition to your holiday meal! I like to prep my peary cranberry sauce a day or two before. It makes the day of holiday prep much easier and honestly, the sauce just gets better with time. This recipe will keep in the fridge for a week with no problems.
Let me know what you're eating this year and how you like to enjoy your cranberries! Comment here or tag me on Instagram!
Happy holidays all! Even if our holidays may look a bit different this year, let's all take some time to be grateful for what we do have!
Pin it for later ⬇
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment and ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below! Take a picture and tag me on Instagram @samcookskindness !
Check out some other holiday favorites!
Peary Cranberry Sauce
- 2 medium pears, ripe
- 12 oz cranberries, fresh or frozen
- ½ lemon juice and zest
- ½ cup maple syrup sub agave syrup
- ½ cup water
- Peel and chop pears into small chunks. Pick through cranberries and remove any stems seen.
- Add chopped pears and all remaining ingredients to a medium sauce pan.
- Set to high heat on stovetop and bring to a low boil. Turn heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally for about 15-20 minutes until cranberries are popped and sauce begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat, and allow to come to room temperature before chilling in the fridge.
- Can be served at room temperature or chilled. I like to make mine a day ahead to allow sauce to fully thicken!
Thank you for this recipe! It’s so easy and really good. I make it for the holidays and this year I’m making a double batch because everyone loves it so much and I want leftovers!
So glad you liked it!!