Warm Summer Vegetable Pasta is a must have summer dish! Loaded with those fresh and roasted vegetables from the garden (or farmer's market!) and dressed in the most deliciously light, lemon basil sauce!
Backyard gardens are booming and here's the perfect dish to bring all those tasty veggies to life! When I say backyard gardens are booming... I'm not talking about mine. Unfortunately. 😭
While our garden may have taken a hit this year, I hope yours has not! I'm still hitting up my local farmer's market every week so we are definitely not missing out on all the DELICIOUS vegetables that I look forward to every summer.
Fresh tomatoes, abundant zucchini, oh-so-sweet corn on the cob, fragrant basil GALORE. Why can't we have these goodies all year??!
What you'll love about Warm Summer Vegetable Pasta
This pasta salad brings out the best in every vegetable included with little effort on your part. Roasting the corn and zucchini introduces natural bursts of sweetness into every bite.
Roasted Chickpeas give this dish a little crunch and a punch of added protein, making it well rounded and a filling complete meal, all in one dish!
Fresh green onions and cherry tomatoes add a fresh cool pop for a contrast to the warm pasta and roasted veggies. There's just something about having hot and cold together that I absolutely LOVE to have in a meal.
And of course the light creamy and bright lemon basil dressing to tie it all together! This dressing is bright, tangy, slightly spicy and slightly sweet. Feel free to leave out the pepper flakes if heat is not for you, but I personally love a good kick in the tastes buds.
Pin it for Later ⬇
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment and ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below! Take a picture and tag me on Instagram @samcookskindness !
Summer Vegetable Pasta
- 8 oz COOKED farfalle pasta or pasta of choice
- 1 can chickpeas, 15.5 oz can reserve aquafaba for sauce
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 corn on the cob (sub 1 cup frozen corn, thawed)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 green onions
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
Lemon Basil Sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice about 1 lemon
- 1 lemon zested
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- ⅓-½ cup fresh basil packed
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- ¼-½ teaspoon red pepper flakes optional for spice
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil OR aquafaba from can of chickpeas
- Preheat oven for 350°. Prepare vegetables.
- Drain chickpeas and reserve aquafaba. Place drained chickpeas onto a parchment lined baking sheet and toss with ½ teaspoon of chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Cut zucchini into bite size pieces about ½ inch thick, place onto a parchment lined baking sheet and toss well with ½ teaspoon chili powder, salt and pepper.
- To prepare corn on the cob, trim loose leaves at the end of the cob. Leave some leaves intake.
- Bake zucchini, chickpeas and corn on the cob (directly on the rack) for 30 minutes, no need to flip. (Note on corn- the leaves will dry up and start to pull back as the corn cooks)
Prepare Sauce and Fresh Vegetables
- (Now is a great time to cook your pasta!)
- Add all SAUCE ingredients into a blender and process on high until fully combined. Set aside
- Thinly slice green onions and half cherry tomatoes.
- When corn on cob is cool enough to handle, shuck corn and discard leaves and silk. Carefully cut corn off of the cob.
- Add all prepared ingredients and sauce into a large bowl and toss to combine. Best served fresh and warm!