Vegan Caesar Salad Dressing is easy to make and takes less than 5 minutes to come together! Tangy, salty, creamy and delicious! You're only a few steps away from recreating the coveted traditional Caesar Salad!
(There may be affiliate links in this post. I may earn a commission for qualified purchases with no added cost to you. Thank you for your support!)
As a vegan, recreating a noteworthy Caesar Salad can be SO hard. Caesar Dressing has a traditional and unique flavor from anchovies, dairy and parmesan cheese, 3 things that can be hard to find swaps for, but, it's not impossible!
This recipe, as written, is made to be vegan, oil free, gluten free, whole food plant based and egg, fish & dairy free of course! Perfect for everyone!
This Vegan Caesar Salad Dressing is garlicky, zesty, creamy and savory! Use it to top a Classic Caesar Salad, on a wrap, as a dip, over a cold pasta salad or even as a marinade for veggies or tofu!
What you'll need
Gather a handful of staple kitchen ingredients, a whisk and a bowl and you'll be on your way! To make this Caesar Dressing recipe here's what you're gonna need:
- Tahini: A smooth and creamy Tahini is the main ingredient for the base of this recipe. My favorite, and only tahini I use anymore, is Soom Tahini! (Soom is local to my area and has the most creamy, dreamy tahini that I've ever used.)
- Capers: Both the brine and the capers are used in this recipe as a replacement for the savory and saltiness of anchovies.
- Lemon Juice: Every good dressing has a burst of citrus!
- Garlic: Caesar Dressing needs a pop of garlic and one to two finely minced cloves is all you need!
- Nutritional Yeast: Adds a hint of cheesy flavor and umami
- Vegan Worcestershire Sauce: Just a touch of this sauce will add to the savory, salty classic flavor of Caesar dressing
- Spices: Dijon, Salt & Pepper are used to season this dressing. Salt and pepper need to be used liberally to get that authentic Caesar flavor we know and love so much!
How to make a Classic Caesar Dressing Vegan
Grab a bowl and let's get to making this simple dressing!
Gather your ingredients and finely mince the garlic clove(s).
Add everything to a small bowl and whisk together until smooth and creamy.
Taste dressing and adjust salt and lemon to your taste.
Make a delicious Caesar Salad or use however you'd like!
HELPFUL TIP: Traditional Caesar Salad is pretty strong on the salty, zesty, garlicy flavor. Don't be shy! I would recommend starting with the lower end of the measurements on the recipe card and adjusting the salt, lemon and pepper at the end after tasting.
Store your dressing in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days!
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment and ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below! Take a picture and tag me on Instagram @samcookskindness !
Vegan Caesar Dressing
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon capers chopped small
- 1 tablespoon caper juice
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon vegan Worcestershire sauce
- ¼-½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- Add all ingredients into a bowl and mix until smooth and completely combined.