This Caesar Potato Salad is mayo free and vegan! The creamy, tangy dressing, tender red potatoes and diced veggies make the perfect summer side dish!
(There may be affiliate links in this post. I may earn a commission for qualified purchases with no added cost to you. Thank you for your support!)
I've been a bit obsessed with Caesar salads lately and with bbq season fast approaching, I was inspired to combine two of my favorite summer dishes!
This Caesar Potato Salad uses my favorite, homemade and mayo free Caesar Dressing for a healthier (and honestly, more delicious) version of a classic potato salad!
This recipe is vegan, gluten free and nut free as written! Instructions to keep it oil free and whole food plant based are listed too!
Vegan Caesar Potato Salad
This hearty potato salad is creamy and chock full of tender red potatoes! Smoothened in the most magical and tasty, 5 minute homemade Caesar Dressing for the best summer potato salad you'll have this year.
This vegan and mayo free potato salad is super easy to make and uses only a handful of ingredients! If you prefer to eat oil free, skipping the vegan parmesan is the only adjustment you need to make!
You're bound to impress with this side dish, so whip up a batch for your next summer bbq and watch it literally disappear before your eyes. Just make sure you grab a scoop for yourself before it's gone!
No one wants to slave over a side dish, so this recipe is super low effort, uses common ingredients and comes together pretty quickly. Here's what you'll need:
- red potatoes - the perfect choice for a potato salad! They are tender, delicious and there's no need to peel them, just give them a good scrub and toss them in the pot!
- sweet onion
- vegan parmesan - I like the Earth Grown brand from Aldi! You can omit this to keep the recipe it whole food plant based and oil free!
- homemade Caesar dressing <- click for the easy recipe
- Optional toppings- fresh pepper, more vegan parm, and chives or green onions
See recipe card for quantities.
Clean the red potatoes well, toss into a saucepan and cover with cool water about 2 inches above potatoes. (No need to peel the potatoes!) Bring water to a boil and cook for about 15-18 minutes, until potatoes are fork tender. Drain them well and let them cool.
Cut the cooled potatoes into bite sized chunks and add to a bowl with diced celery, onion, vegan parmesan and Caesar dressing! Stir it well and let it chill in the fridge until ready to enjoy!
Top with green onions or chives, fresh pepper and more vegan parmesan when ready to serve!
Make it ahead
This recipe is the perfect dish for prepping ahead of time! You can make the dressing a couple days in advance for the easiest potato salad recipe ever or you could assemble the whole thing a day ahead of time! Pull it out of the fridge for your next shindig and boom. Done.
TIME SAVING TIP: Make a double batch of Vegan Caesar Dressing and keep in in the fridge for when the potato salad craving hits. It stores well so you can prep it days in advance for an even easier potato salad experience!
Store the prepared potato salad in a sealed container in the fridge for 3-5 days!
Save time by making this dish a day ahead! The flavors really meld as the salad chills in the fridge so it's the perfect dish to save time on the day of your events!
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment and ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below! Take a picture and tag me on Instagram @samcookskindness !
Caesar Potato Salad
- 2½ pounds red potatoes cleaned
- ½ cup celery sliced thin
- ⅓ cup sweet onion diced
- ⅓ cup vegan parmesan optional
- 1 batch Caesar dressing *recipe linked below!
- fresh pepper, chives or green onions for topping
- Place cleaned potatoes in a saucepan and cover with cool water about 2 inches above potatoes. Bring water to a boil and cook for about 15-18 minutes, until potatoes are fork tender. Drain and let them cool until able to be handled by hand.
- Cut cooled potatoes into bite sized chunks and add to a large mixing bowl with diced celery, onion, vegan parmesan (if using) and Caesar dressing, stir well to combine. Chill in the fridge until ready to enjoy! Sprinkle with fresh pepper, green onions or chives and more vegan parmesan when serving!