fast | whole-food, plant-based | vegan | gluten free option | nut & oil free
I've died and gone to Fettucine Heaven. Fast, Healthy & Creamy Lemon Basil Fettucine may be a mouthful to say, but it's also a mouthful to eat.
The sauce has me so excited I can't stand it. It's SO creamy and delicious. Smooth, lemony, basil-y, I'm drooling. I need more.
The best part is that it's full of wholesome ingredients (though you'd never know it)!
So what's the Secret??
What makes this sauce feel so indulgent and creamy? Cannellini Beans! Wait! Don't leave!
I promise, you won't even know they're there. But, your body will and it will love you for it. Treat that body to something good!
The beans are blended with a few other flavorful things, like garlic, sweet onion, lemon and of course, basil, to create the most delicious creamy twist on a creamy fettucine your taste buds have found.
Lemon Basil Fettucine
Whole-Food, Plant-Based, Vegan, Healthy, Fast, Smooth, Delicious... do I really need to go on? Here's your dinner inspiration for tonight. Your family will think you slaved all day.. but what they don't know won't hurt them right!!?
Serve with a side salad or veggie for a complete meal and let me know how it goes!
Creamy Lemon Basil Fettucine
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed 439g
- 5 cloves garlic
- ⅓ cup sweet onion chopped
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ½ cup water or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon yellow miso
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1 large handful fresh basil
- ⅓ cup sundried tomatoes (oil-free) sliced
- 8 ounces fettucine or pasta of choice gluten free if needed
- salt, pepper & red pepper flakes to taste
- In a blender add drained beans, garlic, onion, nutritional yeast, water or broth, miso paste, zest of one lemon and ½ of that lemon juiced (save the other half for later). Blend for 1 minute until fully combined and smooth.
- Add fresh basil to blender and blend till incorporated, about another minute.
- Cook pasta according to instructions on box, reserving some pasta water for the end.
- In a skillet or sauté pan add sliced sun dried tomatoes and the blended sauce. Bring to a low simmer stirring occasionally for a few minutes until hot.
- Remove sauce from heat. Stir in cooked pasta, juice from other half of lemon and ½-1 cup of pasta water to thin sauce to desired consistency.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Enjoy topped with more fresh basil or freshly cracked pepper!