These Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Cookies are soft, simple and delicious. Made with simple ingredients, a couple easy steps and finished in less than 30 minutes!
It may be August, but I've had a taste of a fall morning and now I've got pumpkin spice everything on the mind.
Does that make me basic? Is basic still a thing? If it is and it does, I don't really care. I'm all about doing what makes you happy and a little pumpkin spice in summer never hurt anyone! 😉
I'm excited to introduce a cookie that's full of those pumpkin spice flavors and just a tad bit sweet. These cookies are picky toddler approved, probably because they have chocolate chips in them and that usually gets Mom an automatic A+ in our house. 😂
I hate to call a cookie healthy... but I think these are pretty healthy! I mean compare them to any other cookie and you'd have to agree. No butters, oils or animal products in these yummy morsels!
These Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Cookies are made from 10 simple, whole food, plant based ingredients. They require only a couple simple steps and they come together in less then 30 minutes.
How to make Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Cookies
These cookies could not be any more simple to make. Check out the video below for a quick demo!
Simply whisk together the dry ingredients to get rid of any clumps in your sugar and flour.
Add your wet ingredients - pumpkin puree & vanilla extract
Fold in your mini chocolate chips! I think walnuts and raisins would also be delicious add-ins if your feeling adventurous!
Tips & Tricks
Sugar - I use coconut sugar to sweeten these cookies and they are very mildly sweet. If you prefer a sweeter cookie, you could try a few different things. 1) Increase the sugar to ⅓ cup, instead of ¼ cup. 2) Add more sweet add-ins. I think raisins or chopped dates would be immaculate in these cookies!'
Oat Flour - I don't buy oat flour as I find it is unnecessarily expensive. To make my own I throw a bunch of rolled oats into my vitamix and grind it to the finest powder I can get and then store in a sealed container until I want to use it. If you do not have a high powered blender, simply blend to as fine as you can get it, some bits and pieces will work fine for this recipe.
Shaping- These cookies will not spread or move very much from how to place them on your lined baking sheet. I recommend shaping them by hand to the size and thickness you would want to enjoy before baking.
Pin it for later ⬇
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment and ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below! Take a picture and tag me on Instagram @samcookskindness !
Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Cookies
- ¼ cup coconut sugar*
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup oat flour** gluten free if needed
- ½ cup rolled oats gluten free if needed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼-⅓ cup vegan chocolate chips I recommend Enjoy Life mini chips
- In a medium bowl, add all "Dry Ingredients" and whisk to combine well
- Add in pumpkin puree and vanilla extract. Stir until well combined
- Add chocolate chips and fold in
- Using cookie scoop, spoons or hands scoop out 12-14 cookies and place on a parchment or silicone lined baking sheet. I use a cookie scoop, then roll each by hand and slightly flatten them down to shape. These cookies will not spread much from how you place them on the tray, so form them how you would like them to be!
- Bake at 350° for 12-13 minutes. Allow to cool, at least 15-20 minutes, before removing from baking sheet. Enjoy!