This Healthy Spinach Artichoke Dip is creamy, dreamy and lightened up! You know, for when you want to eat the whole bowl of dip alone. The perfect party dip or filling for the most decadent panini ever imagined. | Nut-free, gluten free, wfpb
Hey kind cookers!
How are you? Recovering from the holidays? I know I'm not. Way too many cookies have me feeling sluggish and I'm finding it hard to get back into my usual swing. Although I know I'll feel my best when I do. I'm finding myself searching for foods higher in fats than I typically would. So here's my attempt at tricking myself into thinking I'm indulging, so I can feed my soul while also feeding my body right!
I'm super excited about this Spinach Artichoke Dip. I wanted to find a way to make one of my favorite dips, just as creamy and decadent without all the extra fat that usually goes along with it.
and by George, I think I got it!!
The Secret Ingredient in this Healthy Spinach Artichoke Dip
The creamy delicious texture comes from a very super secret ingredient... wait for it...... CANELLINI BEANS! Don't run away! I promise, you won't even know they're there! They add a nice and creamy texture without the added fat like the traditional cashew base that is commonly use in vegan dips!
Take this dip to your next party, or really just eat it around your house. Cause life's a party and you deserve it.
Let's level this dip up
Put this dip on a sandwich. That's right. I went there. I loaded it on some good homemade sourdough and grilled that baby to perfection. It was heaven.
Pro tip- leave the mayo out if you're making sandwiches and put on some sliced or mashed avocado. Healthy fats, loaded with plant based protein and veg? I think that may just be the perfect meal.
PIN IT FOR LATER ⬇
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment and ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below! Take a picture and tag me on Instagram @samcookskindness !
Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 1 can cannellini beans, 439g drained & rinsed
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt plus more to taste if desired
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoon tapioca starch*
- 10 OZ whole leaf spinach, frozen
- 1 can artichoke hearts quartered, 397g
- ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon vegan mayo** optional
- Defrost & drain water from your frozen spinach, set aside
- Drain and roughly chop artichoke hearts, set aside
- In blender add- beans, apple cider vinegar, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, onion power, sea salt and ½ cup of the water. Blend until creamy.
- Add remaining ½ cup of water and the tapioca starch to blender and blend until completely combined
- Pour mixture into a medium saucepan and put under medium heat. Heat for 3-5 minutes stirring constantly. Mixture will begin to clump, keep mixing until it is thick and smooth! Remove from heat
- Mix in artichokes, defrosted spinach and pepper to taste. Stir in mayo if using.
- Enjoy as is, chilled or broiled for a few minutes for a nice crisp top!
- Red Pepper & Tomato Sauce
- Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies (vegan + gluten free)
- Loaded Sweet Potato Fries (with smoky soy curls!)
- Vegan Stuffed Peppers with TVP