Get ready for your new favorite easy week night meal! This Vegan Fajita Bowl is super flavorful. Sautéed peppers & onions over cilantro lime quinoa, topped with the creamiest White Bean Avocado Dip and crispy tortilla chips! Gah, I wish I had a bowl in front of me as I'm writing this. BRB. 👅
Easy Meal Prep
These Fajita Bowls are whole-food plant-based, gluten free, loaded with protein, veggies and healthy fat, and it's perfect for meal prep!! Simply assemble, divide and refrigerate until ready to eat!
How to Assemble the Perfect Vegan Fajita Bowl
My perfect Fajita Bowl requires a few key components. It must have ⬇
⭐a flavorful grain -> the super easy Cilantro Lime Quinoa hits the mark here!
⭐a creamy topping -> this White Bean Avocado Dip is the PERFECT choice! (for real, don't skip it!) I love it on any bowl, taco, burrito or just as a yummy party dip!
⭐a crunchy bite -> store bought or homemade tortilla chips give this bowl the perfect hit of crunch
⭐a little tang -> a hit of acid from from a fresh lime wedge take this bowl over the top 💯
⭐a hit of spice -> this may not be your thing if you don't like heat. But I DO! 🌶 I like to add some thinly sliced fresh jalapenos or pickled jalapenos as a hit of spice to this bowl (but it's completely optional!)
Check out the full recipe below to see details of every component and how it comes together in just a few steps. Eat it fresh or pack it up for lunches! It stores great in the fridge for up to 5 days!
Pin it for Later!
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment and ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below! Take a picture and tag me on Instagram @samcookskindness !
Simple Fajita Quinoa Bowl
Cilantro Lime Quinoa
- 1 cup quinoa dry
- 2 cups water or low sodium vegetable broth
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves (some stems okay) chopped small
- ½ lime, juiced
Peppers & Onions
- 2 bell peppers color of choice
- 1 medium yellow onion sweet variety is preferable
- ⅓ cup vegetable broth or water
- 4 garlic cloves minced finely or pressed
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- tortilla chips or homemade air fried strips* recipe link in notes
- White Bean Avocado Dip** recipe in notes
- chopped cilantro
- lime juice
- hot sauce of choice
Cilantro Lime Quinoa
- In a medium sauce pan combine quinoa and vegetable broth, gently mix. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cover. Cook for 13-15 minutes until quinoa is tender and liquids is gone. Remove from heat and gently fluff with a fork.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes then stir in lime juice and cilantro. Set to the side until ready to serve.
"Sautéed" Peppers & Onions
- Thinly slice peppers and onion.
- In a large sauté pan on medium heat add peppers, onions and vegetable broth. Cook for 10 minutes stirring occasionally to prevent sticking
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Continue cooking for 5-10 minutes to desired doneness.
- Between three bowls divide quinoa and sautéed peppers & onions. Top with White Bean Avocado Dip, tortilla strips, a squeeze of lime and any other toppings of choice! Enjoy!