Whole Food Plant Based Cornbread that's simple, soft, and healthy! It's fluffy, tender and loaded with corn. Whip up a quick batch to pair along with your next chili night!
What's a bowl of chili or a backyard bbq without a tender piece of Cornbread to go along? Cornbread should be tender, not too crumbly, savory and slightly sweet (and spicy too if that's your thing. It's definitely mine!)
This made from scratch, Whole Food Plant Based Cornbread is all those things without the eggs or butter. It holds together well and doesn't crumble, like some versions I've tried in the past. It's rich, tender, and SO stinkin' easy to make.
Why you'll love this Whole Food Plant Based Cornbread
- Made with 10 simple ingredients
- Easy to make
- Healthy & Wholesome
- Tender & melt in your mouth
- Made with a blend of Whole Wheat Flour & Find Cornmeal!
Once cut into this cornbread and you'll never look back.
Making Cornbread from scratch is so easy, you'll never look back to the boxed version at the grocery store. Plus, in my experience, most of the time its super hard to veganize those boxed versions without them turning into a crumbly mess. I like to be able to grab a solid slice of cornbread.
Stir in fresh jalapenos for a fresh & spicy kick if you'd like! My kiddos don't like spicy, so I like to add chopped or sliced jalapenos over half the top of my cornbread so everyone's happy. 😉 Top your cornbread with a little vegan huney, maple syrup or vegan butter for the best, healthy, cornbread out there!
I really hope you'll love it and leave a comment or rating below! 💜
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment and ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below! Take a picture and tag me on Instagram @samcookskindness !
Peep some other easy favorites...
- 1 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup applesauce
- 1 cup sweet corn fresh or frozen
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and chopped optional
- ½ cup whole wheat flour 57g
- ¾ cup fine cornmeal 134g
- 2 tablespoons flax seed
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- Set oven for 350°. Mix milk & vinegar together in a small bowl and set aside to make your "buttermilk" mixture
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients. Add applesauce and buttermilk to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in corn and jalapenos (if using).
- Lightly spray 8x8 baking dish with non-stick spray or line with parchment paper. Add corn bread batter into dish and smooth out top. Bake for 28-30 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool and enjoy!
Leave a Reply