Corn tortillas stuffed with a fast & flavorful black bean filling and air-fried to crispy perfection! Perfect for a lazy, but nutritious lunch or even a party snack. Dip in your favorite salsa, vegan sour cream or guacamole! These Air Fried Black Bean Taquitos are vegan & nut, oil and gluten free.
Here's a super lazy twist on a vegan taquito. They require no pre-cooking of the filling, no chopping of anything, you don't even have to turn on your oven.
These taquitos are so fast to throw together, you'll feel all fancy with minimum work, which is the life I'm about. This recipe checks all the boxes.
It's jam packed with flavor, vegan, gluten free, nut free and oil free. Doesn't get much better than that right? Who said eating whole foods was boring?? And the best part is... no one will ever know. 😉
Here's what you need to grab
- canned black beans
- your favorite salsa
- chili powder
- salt & pepper
- fresh lime juice
- corn tortillas
See recipe card for quantities.
To make these easy vegan taquitos, first grab a medium mixing bowl and add in all your filling ingredients... so that's everything except the tortilla. Grab your potato masher (or a fork) and mash until your heart is content. Chunky or smooth, both are equally delicious. Adjust salt, pepper and lime juice to your desired taste.
Next you'll need to warm your tortillas. Grab 2 or 3 at a time and warm them for 30 seconds to 1 minute on a non-stick skillet. You could also microwave them for 30 seconds if you don't want to turn on your stove.
Grab those warmed tortillas (careful not to burn yourself!) and spoon on a heaping 2 tablespoons of filling. Try to spread it in a line on the side of the tortilla nearest you and then tightly and gently roll it up. Placing seam side down in your air fryer when done. Repeat until all the filling is gone.
Air fry for about 10 minutes until edges are golden and crispy!
Tip- Don't over crowd your air fryer! For the best crispness, you will want to leave a little space between each taquito. Finish in batches if necessary.
Let cool for a minute and then chow down!
These Black Bean Taquitos are a great starting point to get creative and add your own twist! If you switch it up, let me know in the comments what you did and how they turned out!!
Here's a few of my ideas.
- Spice it up! - add chopped jalapenos, pickled jalapenos for a spicy kick!
- Make it cheesy- stir in a bit of shreded vegan cheese to the bean mixture before air frying
- Swap up the salsa- there's a million varieties of salsa out there! Grab a pineapple salsa, a salsa verde or a corn salsa! Each variety will change up the flavor profile and offer something new and exciting!
- LOADED Taquitos- use the finished taquitos as a base like you would nachos.... top them off with all the goodies, vegan cheese, sour cream, quac, cilantro, fire roasted corn... the options are really endless.
- Kid friendly - keep the salsa mild and let the kids get involved! Meals you can dip are always fun! My 3 year old loves these!
Air Fryer- Equipment can have a big impact on how a recipe turns out. Every air fryer may slightly vary. This is the newest version of the air fryer that I own and use. It works great and I've had it for over 4 years now!
Cookie Scoop!- This is obviously not required. But I use this cookie scoop for basically everything, including getting the perfect amount of taquito filling with minimal mess.
These taquitos are so delicious that there's never been any leftovers in my home!
If you happen to have some, they should be stored in a container in the fridge. They will keep for 3-5 days and give them a quick toss in the air fryer again at 370 degrees F for 3-6 minutes to warm them up before enjoying.
Don't skip warming your tortillas!! Corn tortillas are not very pliable and if you try to roll them without warming, they will definitely break or crack. Warm them on the stove top until they feel soft and easily bendable before rolling.
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment and ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below! Take a picture and tag me on Instagram @samcookskindness !
Pair these taquitos with
Air Fried Black Bean Taquitos
- 1 can black beans, 15.5 oz drained and rinsed
- ⅓ cup your favorite salsa
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- fresh lime juice to taste, optional
- 8-10 corn tortillas amount may vary based on size of tortillas
- Add drained & rinsed beans to a medium bowl. Add salsa, cumin, chili powder to bowl and mash with a fork or potato masher until mashed to desired consistency. Chunks are fine! Add salt and pepper & lime juice to taste
- Warm corn tortillas in skillet or in microwave for about 30 seconds until they are very pliable. I recommend only doing 2-3 at a time so that they do not cool before you roll them. This makes rolling much easier and reduces any cracking.
- Take a warm tortilla (careful not to burn yourself!) and spread 2 tablespoons of filling across it. Roll gently and tightly and place seam side down in air fryer. Repeat warming, filling and rolling tortillas until all the filling is gone.
- Air fry at 390° for 10-11 minutes to desired crispiness. You may need to do this in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Enjoy dipped in salsa, sour cream or guacamole!