This egg free, Hash Brown Veggie Omelette has become one of my favorite breakfasts. I'm not exaggerating when I say I've eaten it 4 times this week already. It's that good. Plus it's SO easy, perfect for busy mornings with toddlers. Toss everything onto a sheet pan and patiently (or not so patiently) wait.
I love savory breakfasts. Those crispy edges of the potatoes and creamy smashed black beans, full of any and all veggies that you enjoy most. I can't get enough. And the best part? No eggs involved!
Crisp potatoes with no oil?
The trick to getting these potatoes to form into a foldable "omelette" with cripsy edges is 3 simple things.
1) How you put them on your pan
2) Not touching them!
3) Using parchment or silicone mat.
When you (oh so lovingly) dump those potatoes onto your sheet pan, PILE THEM UP. You don't want them to be spread out. Do your best to shape them into a rectangle on half of the sheet pan and layer them on each other, about ⅓-1/2 inch thick.
Just shape them and then don't touch them again till they're done baking. Leaving them be on the silicone mat will allow them to become crisp on the edges and form into a foldable omelette, ready to take on all your fillings.
Hash Brown Omlette with All the Fillings
This recipe calls for your favorite veggies! It's a great way to clean out your fridge. My favorite veggies to roast for this breakfast are bell peppers, sweet onions, mushrooms and zucchini.
Black beans are my favorite to mash and serve easily in meals like this because they're always creamy. If you're feeling lazy and don't mind using a microwave, then it's a real short cut. But feel free to warm your beans on the stove if microwaves are not your thing!
I hope you enjoy this Vegan Hash Brown Omelette as much as I do! Let me know what your favorite filling combos are! Comment below or tag me on Instagram!
Hash Brown Veggie Omelette
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash browns oil free
- 3 cups chopped vegetables of choice ex: bell peppers, onion, zucchini, mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- garlic powder
- smoked paprika
- ¾ cup cooked black beans, drained and rinsed (about ½ can)
- 2 tablespoon salsa
- Set oven for 425°
- On half of a parchment or silicone mat lined baking sheet, place frozen hash browns. Shape them into a rectangle. You want them to be close together, overlapping and at least ⅓-1/2 inch deep. (see picture)
- On other half of sheet pan, lay out chopped vegetables of choice. Sprinkle on nutritional yeast, and other seasonings. Gently toss vegetables only. Place pan in oven and bake for 30 minutes. Do not mix
- While baking, mix drained beans and salsa. Warm in a small saucepan on low heat stirring occasionally or for 1-2 minutes in the microwave. Mash beans to desired consistency.
- Remove pan from oven after 30 minutes. On half the potatoes spread the mashed beans, then using a spatula top with roasted vegetables, fold over into an "omelette".
- Top with any left over veggies that didn't fit in your potatoes and enjoy topped with hot sauce, salsa or ketchup!