Easy Vegan No-Bake Pretzel Millionaire Bars take a delicious classic and levels it up by 100. Chocolate Shortbread layer, topped with creamy Peanut Butter Caramel Sauce that'll have you licking the spoon and then layered with a salty crunchy hit of pretzels and topped with more chocolate! Gah, just go make it. Seriously.
These ain't your typical Millionaire Bar. They're BETTER.
I'm always on a mission to make life easier but also DELICIOUS. So here we go!! You're gonna wish you made a double batch... just sayin.
These Vegan No-Bake Pretzel Millionaire Bars are sweet, salty, chocolatey, smooth and crunchy all in one perfect bite. They're great for a sweet treat any day of the week or as a easy dessert for the next party you get invited to!
I just love no-bake desserts. They're low effort and I don't have to turn on anything hot on these UNGODLY HOT SUMMER DAYS. (thanks global warming 🥵)
Have I mentioned how EASY these are? I'm not exaggerating. My 3 year old literally made these bars once... hence the jimmes and sloppy appearance below. 😂
So What's the Twist?
Millionaire Bars are basically just a candy bar right? Like a layered Twix bar. Shortbread, caramel, chocolate. Boom.
Here's what you need to know about my version. It's Vegan (of course), no-bake, SO EASY and made with all whole ingredients!
The Shortbread Layer - Chocolate Shortbread replaces the classic for a ultra rich and chocolatey twist.
The Caramel Layer - The creamy, smooth Caramel layer is changed up a bit with the addition of peanut butter. Which is not only delicious, but is one of the key ingredients to a delicious no cooking required "caramel" sauce.
Pretzels - These are it's own layer. They add a crunchy and salty hit to the caramel and chocolate and really are essential to adding a whole other layer of yum to these bars.
Simple Whole Ingredients
- Coconut Oil - make sure you use refined to avoid a coconuty taste.
- Almond Flour - Slightly sweet flour made of blanched almonds that bring our chocolate shortbread together
- Cacao Powder - It's chocolate shortbread! May sub with cocoa powder
- Maple Syrup- You can substitute another liquid sweetener of your choice if desired. Real Maple Syrup is always the go to in my house because we love the flavor!
- Creamy Peanut Butter - a natural variety with no additions is preferred for the best results!
- Dark Chocolate Chips - Dairy free. I love to use Enjoy Life. They have the least amount of ingredients and melt great!
- Vanilla Extract
- Pretzels - Use any pretzels you like! The thinner varieties work best. I'm using Snyder's Itty Bitty Pretzels in the pictures. You can add these after the Caramel layer or on top of the last layer of chocolate, it's all personal preference.
How to Store No-Bake Pretzel Millionaire Bars
Since these Millionaire Bars are No-Bake, it's important to store the leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container to maintain freshness. They will keep up to 5 days in the fridge, but they are best eaten within the first 3 days as the pretzels will start to lose their crispness after that time. Don't worry, they won't last that long anyway. 😉
Pin it for Later ⬇
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment and ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below! Take a picture and tag me on Instagram @samcookskindness !
No-Bake Pretzel Millionaire Bars
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil melted
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
Peanut Butter "Caramel"
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil melted
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter (no sugar added)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup dairy free dark chocolate chips 2 oz (I like Enjoy Life brand)
- ½ tablespoon refined coconut oil
- ½ cup pretzels pieces or whole
- sprinkle of jimmies optional topping
- Line a loaf pan or similar dish (about 9x5 in size) with parchment paper, leaving "wings" for easy removal later.
- In a mixing bowl add almond flour, maple syrup, melted coconut oil and cacao powder and mix till fully combined.
- Add mixture to the base of your prepare loaf pan and press out using lightly damp hands or back of spoon, until bottom is completely covered and as even as possible.
- Place pan in freezer to chill while you prepare Peanut Butter Caramel.
Peanut Butter Caramel
- In clean mixing bowl, add melted coconut oil, peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Whisk together until smooth and creamy.
- Remove shortbread from the freezer and top with caramel sauce. Smooth out with spoon or spatula to cover entire base
- Top caramel with pretzels (Can alternatively add pretzels on top of chocolate layer if you desire)
- Place back in freezer and chill for about 10-15 minutes, until caramel is just set.
- Add chocolate chips and coconut oil to microwave safe dish and microwave for 30 seconds. (Note: You could also do this step in a small pot on the stove, melting on low and stirring constantly)
- Stir well, Microwave for 15 second intervals, mixing well between until mixture is melted and smooth.
- Remove bars from freezer and pour chocolate over top in a even layer. (Top with pretzels (and/or jimmies), if you haven't already)
- Freeze for about 30 minutes to allow bars to fully set.
- Remove from freezer, use parchment to remove millionaire bars from dish and carefully cut into 8-12 squares, depending on desired size.
- Enjoy! Store leftovers in a container in the fridge. Best eaten within 3 days.