Chocolate Dessert Hummus - the perfect party or every day dip! Smooth & Creamy chocolate hummus is delicious served with fresh fruit or sweet pita chips!
This Chocolate Hummus is a favorite treat in our house, and one of the only ways [currently] that my 4 year old will eat any sort of bean.... despite my ongoing efforts. 🙄
It's so smooth & chocolatey and pairs really well with fruit, like apples, strawberries, bananas and pineapple! The options are totally endless here... use as a topping for waffles or even a filling for crepes if you fancy. 💁♀️💁♂️
What you'll need to make Chocolate Dessert Hummus
Chocolate Dessert Hummus includes simple ingredients that you probably already have in your fridge and pantry!
- Chickpeas - one can, drained and rinsed. You can also sub about 1 ½ cup of cooked chickpeas if you cook yours from dry beans
- Cashews - If you have a lower powered blender, you may want to soak these in advance. See the recipe notes for more some tips.
- Cocoa Powder
- Maple Syrup
- Plant Based Milk of choice
- Vanilla Extract & Sea Salt
- Mini Vegan Chocolate Chips - For some extra chocolatey goodness! I love Enjoy Life brand.
PIN IT FOR LATER ⬇
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment and ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below! Take a picture and tag me on Instagram @samcookskindness !
Chocolate Dessert Hummus
- 1 can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- ¼ cup raw cashews*
- 3 tablespoons cocoa power or cacao powder
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup plant based milk plus 1-2 tablespoons as needed
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- mini dairy free chocolate chips optional for topping
- Add all ingredients into bullet style blender. (see notes for lower power blenders)
- Blend on medium-high until fully combined and super creamy, Taking breaks to push down sides as needed. Add additional 1-2 tablespoons of plant based milk if needed to get to desired consistency.
- Top dip with mini chocolate chips if desired and serve immediately or chill in the fridge.