Zucchini Ravioli are tender little pockets of homemade tofu ricotta, seasoned and wrapped in thinly sliced zucchini! Perfect tender cheesy morsels nestled in a savory tomato sauce.
(There are affiliate links in this post. I may earn a commission for qualified purchases with no added cost to you. Thank you for your support!)
This recipe is a go to in the summer when zucchini is hearty and plentiful. Though it also hits those warm, cozy notes on a winter night too!
There isn't actually any pasta in this recipe (though it pairs perfectly with a side of spaghetti)! The ravioli is made by slicing the zucchini thinly and using it to wrap the ricotta filling to form your own little ravioli-like pockets!
This Zucchini Ravioli recipe is vegan, nut and
How to make Zucchini Ravioli
This vegan zucchini ravioli recipe is easier to make than it may appear. Simply mix together the filling ingredients in a bowl. Whisk together your sauce ingredients. And use a hand peeler to finely slice your squash!
How to shape the ravioli
Take 2 slices of zucchini and make a plus sign. On top of that, add another 2 slices in an X. It should look kind of like a star when you're done!
Add 2 heaping tablespoons of filling to the center.
Carefully make your ravioli pocket by folding over the edges of the zucchini, starting with your "plus sign" and then your X.
Place each ravioli onto the bed of sauce and continue until 9 raviolis are made.
Bake it up as noted on the recipe card below!
Hint: The slices of zucchini do not have to be perfect to make a good ravioli. If you end up with thin or oddly shaped pieces, simply put them together like a puzzle to form a solid piece!
Frequently Asked Questions
To keep this recipe completely oil free, omit the vegan cheese and (optionally) mix in a tablespoon of nutritional yeast to the ricotta filling to add a more cheesy flavor.
Um yes, of couse! Is this even a real question? This recipe is written to be on the less indulgent side. BUT, if you're looking for a bit more gooey-ness you can mix in some shredded vegan mozzarella to the filling or even top it off! Check out how in the recipe card!
Leftover zucchini ravioli can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
It takes less than 5 minutes to make your own homemade vegan ricotta and it's 100x better than anything you'll find in the store! Find the easy recipe here!
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment and ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below! Take a picture and tag me on Instagram @samcookskindness !
- 1 med-large zucchini
- 1 cup vegan ricotta recipe linked in notes
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes omit if you don't like spicy
- ¼ cup vegan parmesan (or shredded mozzarella)
- ¼ fresh basil chopped
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼-½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼-½ cup vegan shredded mozzarella
- vegan parm
- fresh basil
- Pre heat oven to 375°F
- To prep zucchini, use a hand peeler to peel the zucchini into long thin slices. You will need about 44 thin slices to make these raviolis. Note- the pieces don't have to be perfect, if you have a couple narrow or broken pieces, you can puzzle them together if needed when you go to wrap the raviolis.
- To make the filling, add all filling ingredients into a small bowl and mix until combined. Taste and adjust salt as needed.
- To prep sauce, grab a 8x8 baking dish and whisk together all sauce ingredients until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings to taste.
- To make raviolis, take 2 slices of zucchini and make a plus sign. On top of that, add another 2 slices in an X. (It should look kind of like a star, see pictures in post) Add 2 heaping tablespoons of filling to the center and then carefully make your ravioli pocket by folding over the edges of the zucchini, starting with your "plus sign" and then your X. Place each ravioli onto the bed of sauce and continue until 9 raviolis are made.
- Bake- Cover the baking dish and bake for 45 minutes. (Optionally, top with vegan mozzarella at this point if desired.) Uncover and bake another 15 minutes. Enjoy!