These Apple Cinnamon Muffins are vegan, gluten free and oil free! Light and fluffy and jam packed with the cinnamon-y crunch of apples and walnuts.
It's apple season and I'm so here for it. I'm ready to apple-ize everything. Picking apples and bringing home the bushels of fresh, local, in season, juicy little balls of joy just fills my (pumpkin spiced) cup.
I'm breaking in the season with these Apple Cinnamon Muffins! 🍎 I was craving a muffin that was LOADED with chunky bits of sweet and cinnamon-y apples. You know... like a really good bowl of apple cinnamon oatmeal? One that just fills your belly with warm, comforting, flavors of your childhood?? Like that!
I like to add healthier twists where I can, without sacrificing flavor. Because, why not? If I can eat yummy food, while also supporting overall health for myself and my family, I'm gonna do it!
Healthy Apple Cinnamon Muffins
These muffins are unintentionally gluten free! A blend of oat and almond flour is used for a fluffy and moist muffin. Sweetened with coconut sugar and apples.
Most of the recipes you'll find on Sam Cooks Kindness are oil free, and this one is no different! Oil & butter free baking can be super difficult at times. But I choose to find ways to create delicious baked goods without it and you can't even tell the difference!
They're super easy to make, so grab your kiddos or just a zen moment alone to mix up a batch for yourself!
How to make these Apple Cinnamon Muffins!
- Mix up a quick buttermilk using vegan milk and vinegar.
- Prepare your apples! Quickly chop and toss them with cinnamon and coconut sugar! This will stop the apples from sinking to the bottom of your muffins.
- Whisk the dry. Mix the rest of the wet ingredients and then combine the two!
- Fold in the apples and walnuts for a nice added crunch and then bake!
Enjoy these muffins as an afternoon snack with cup of tea! Or for a wholesome breakfast.. or just whenever. We have no rules here. We just eat yummy, good, mostly wholesome food. 🤘
Pin it for later ⬇
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment and ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below! Take a picture and tag me on Instagram @samcookskindness !
Check out some other fall favorites!
Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- ½ cup plant based milk I used Silk Oat
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup applesauce
- 2 golden delicious apple (or similar) about 3 cups diced small
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups rolled oats (gluten free if needed) 160g
- ¾ cup finely sifted almond flour 84g
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
Optional Add ins
- ⅓-½ cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Prepare Buttermilk- In a small bowl gently mix milk and vinegar and set aside
- Prepare Apples- Core and dice apples into small pieces. Toss in a bowl with cinnamon and coconut sugar and set aside.
- Whisk together dry ingredients- In a high powered blender, blend rolled oats into a fine flour. In a large bowl add the oat flour and all other dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Mix wet ingredients- Into bowl with buttermilk add remaining wet ingredients; applesauce and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Combine- Pour wet ingredients into bowl with dry ingredients and mix well till no dry flour remains. Then fold in diced apples and walnuts if using. Batter will be chunky.
- Bake - Divide batter into a non-stick or lightly sprayed 12 cupcake baking dish. Bake for 24-26 minutes. Allow to cool fully before removing. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply