Sweet & Spicy twist for roasted squash and sprouts this fall! This Roasted Delicata & Brussels Sprout side dish is great as a side dish, a snack or even for meal prep!
I love fall food. I mean, I love ALL food. But I especially like FALL food. 😂
This is the time of year that I start stocking up on fall squashes from my local farmers market to get us through the winter. If my garden doesn't do well (which it unfortunately did NOT this year 😭) I like to try to support my local growers.
Delicata Squash is my absolute FAVORITE fall variety. It's the easiest to prepare, you can eat the skin and you don't have to risk amputating a finger when you try to cut it in half! 😬 I like to keep all my fingers, thank you very much!
Today I'm sharing with you a super easy recipe that features two of my favorite fall veggies with a sweet & spicy twist. This recipe is gluten and oil free and is perfect for a holiday side dish, an everyday snack or even meal prepping!
Roasted Delicata Squash & Sprouts
Roasting veggies without oil can be difficult and when it comes to Delicata Squash and Sprouts, it's easy for them to become dry and not-so-good pretty easily.
Tossing them in a quick marinade helps them not only absorb yummy flavor, but it also help prevent them from becoming dry when you roast them.
Oil-free roasting also tends to take less time, so this recipe comes together in around 30 minutes!
Making the Marinade
We're throwing in some Korean flavors to give your taste buds a jolt! Gochujang is a fermented red chili paste that is very frequently featured in Korean cooking. I LOVE the sweet, salty and spicy flavors it adds to a dish. You can often find gochujang at your local grocery store and especially at your local Asian Markets. If you are unable to find it, you could also substitute Sriracha, however, it will not have the same flavor, as sriracha adds more heat and not so much sweet!
All that you need to do for this easy recipe is prepare your Delicata Squash & Brussels Sprouts, toss them with the marinade really well and then bake!!
Pin it for later ⬇
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment and ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below! Take a picture and tag me on Instagram @samcookskindness !
Gochujand Roasted Delicata Squash & Brussels Sprouts
- 2 medium delicata squash
- 12 oz brussels sprouts
- 2 cloves garlic pressed or finely grated
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon gochujang
- 1 tablespoon date syrup may substitute maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon tamari
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Prepare Squash & Brussels Sprouts- Wash squash and sprouts. Trim both ends of squash and slice horizontally down the middle. Use a spoon to remove seeds from squash and then slice into about ⅓ inch wide slices. Trim ends off of Brussels Sprouts and remove any outer leaves that do not appear fresh. Leave tiny sprouts whole and half any larger sprouts.
- Mix the Marinade- In a large mixing bowl add all marinade ingredients and mix to fully combine
- Add prepared squash and sprouts into bowl with marinade and mix until everything is coated very well.
- On two baking sheets, lined with a non-stick liner or parchment paper, add veggies in a single layer with no overlap, leaving some space between everything. (Try to minimize extra marinade on the pan, as it will burn with no oil added to the recipe.)
- Bake for 15 minutes, flip and bake another 8-10 minutes, until veggies are browned and squash is tender. Enjoy!