This fresh Watermelon Beet Salad is a fast and easy side dish that is perfect for summer! Freshly diced watermelon, beets, bright herbs and aged balsamic all come together to make the most mouthwateringly fresh salad!
(There may be affiliate links in this post. I may earn a commission for qualified purchases with no added cost to you. Thank you for your support!)
It only takes 10 minutes to whip up this bright, crisp salad! The combo of fresh watermelon & cucumber, earthy beets, herbs and aged balsamic is the perfect combination to beat the summer heat!
Nothing beats a fresh and bright salad in the summer time! Some of my other favorite salads right now are Chopped Kale Salad with Peanut Dressing and Caesar Salad!
Watermelon Beet Salad is vegan, whole food plant based, gluten free and has oil free options!
Watermelon Beet Salad Ingredients
Let's break down this salad:
- greens of choice - arugula, spinach and lettuce are all great choices! Use whatever you like or have on hand
- watermelon - cubed into small bite sized pieces
- cooked beets - You can use any variety of beets you love, in my salad, I used a variety of red and gold. Cook your own beets from fresh following these simple instructions OR use precooked vacuum sealed beets from the store
- cucumber - diced, I like english cucumbers the best because the skin is tender and they barely have any seeds
- pickled red onion - Pickled red onion adds a delightful tangy bite to this salad, but if they are not accessible to you, leave them out or used thinly sliced fresh red onion.
- fresh mint & basil - Adding fresh herbs to a salad is an easy way to level up your dish quickly! Mint and basil pair so well with the watermelon and beets!
- olive oil - leave out for oil free options!
- vegan feta - vegan feta adds another level tang that goes so great on this salad, if you are oil free just omit.
- aged balsamic vinegar - aged balsamic is the perfect way to dress watermelon beet salad for the sweet, richness that it adds. I like to get mine from olive oil etcetera (not affiliate), they are local to me and carry the best balsamic around!
- sea salt & pepper
Watermelon Beet Salad is best served fresh! You can prep the separate ingredients and store them in the fridge a day or two in advance, but do not assemble until you are ready to eat.
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment and ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below! Take a picture and tag me on Instagram @samcookskindness !
Watermelon Beet Salad
- 6 cups greens of choice arugula, spinach or lettuce
- 3 cups watermelon diced into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups cooked beets* (about 6 small) cooled & diced
- ½ cup cucumber diced
- ⅓ cup pickled red onion** or thinly sliced fresh
- 2 cups fresh mint & basil chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil optional
- ¼ cup vegan feta optional
- 2-4 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients into a large bowl, toss well and adjust salt and pepper to taste. Chop & enjoy!
Leave a Reply