Shamrock Shakes are creamy, delicious, minty treats that should truly be enjoyed all year round. A healthy and wholesome twist on this popular milkshake that you'll want to make again and again.
(There may be affiliate links in this post. I may earn a commission for qualified purchases with no added cost to you. Thank you for your support!)
Shamrock Shakes are a popular fast food treat that pop up right around St Patty's Day. The original version is a mint milkshake that is freakishly green and loaded with dairy.
This Healthy & Vegan version of a Shamrock Shake is so simple to make, naturally green, just minty enough and as creamy as a milkshake... but without the cow milk! I'd like to argue that this recipe is even better than the original!
The key to boosting the creaminess and feeling of indulgence of this shake is a few key ingredients: frozen bananas, plant based milk and hemp hearts!
Why we love Healthy Vegan Shamrock Shakes
- Kid Friendly! Nothing is more fun than a green milkshake. The kids will love this creamy shake as a perfect way to celebrate St Patty's Day or any day of the week! I especially love to make them in the heat of summer when the fresh mint is overflowing in my garden.
- There's nothing better than a Healthy Milkshake! Bananas, dates, and hemp hearts lead to the creamiest, sweetest Milkshake without even needing to add any more sugar.
- Creamy without the Dairy! No dairy needed to imitate this Shamrock Shake! Blending banana, hemp hearts and vegan milk lead to the creamiest milkshake like texture.
Ingredients & Instructions
Grab these 5 ingredients and let's get blending!
- frozen ripe bananas
- pitted dates
- hemp hearts
- baby spinach or baby kale
- plant based milk
- Mint of choice- fresh mint or peppermint extract
How to make a Vegan Shamrock Shake
Let's make a shake! This vegan mint shake is as easy as adding all the ingredients into a high power blender and blending until completely smooth and creamy.
The Best Mint for a Homemade Shamrock Shake
Whether you're a fan of mint or not you will love this Healthy Shamrock Shake. I've left you two different variations to get to your desired mint level, OR you can just leave it out completely if mint isn't your thing.
My favorite mint of choice for this shake is fresh! The majority of the year our herb garden is literally exploding with it and this is a perfect way to use it! The fresh mint adds a delicious bright and fresh flavor without an overpowering or artificial taste.
The other option for an added minty freshness is the tiniest bit of peppermint extract. Start low and add a little more until you reach your desired level of mint.
Whip up one of these shakes and treat yourself or your kids! You'll love how healthy it is and they'll love how yummy and fun it is!! Leave your feedback in a comment below, I truly appreciate it!
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment and ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below! Take a picture and tag me on Instagram @samcookskindness !
Healthy Vegan Shamrock Shake
- 2 frozen ripe bananas
- 2 pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 1-2 handfuls baby spinach or baby kale
- 1¾ cups plant based milk
Options for that Minty Flavor! (PICK ONE)
- ¼ cup fresh mint (my favorite choice!)
- ⅛-¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 tablespoon mini vegan chocolate chips optional
- vegan whipped cream optional
- Combine all Shake Ingredients into a high powered blender
- Add in mint option of choice, my favorite is the fresh mint. Or leave it out if mint isn't your thing!
- Blend until combined! Optionally, top with mini chocolate chips or vegan whipped cream and enjoy!