There's nothing better than sinking your teeth into a hearty BLT sandwich! This vegan BLT hits all the salty, crunchy, chewy, delicious marks and features the most amazing homemade vegan oyster mushroom bacon!
(There may be affiliate links in this post. I may earn a commission for qualified purchases with no added cost to you. Thank you for your support!)
Do we really need a whole blog post dedicated to a vegan BLT?
Yes. Yes we do.
We may assume everyone knows how to make a BLT. But if I can introduce something new and amazing into one person's life it's worth it. Also, this is the most amazing VEGAN BLT and I'm all about finding vegan swaps for omnivorous favorites meals!
The Key to an amazing vegan BLT (MLT)
For the most amazing sandwich experience, you're gonna need a few things.
B- Bacon. Except, this is a vegan blog so we're using some vegan B. (aka Mushroom Bacon!)
L- Lettuce - a crisp romaine is perfect
T- Tomato - make sure it's fresh! I recommend picking a big heirloom variety if it's available to you!
In addition to those ingredients, you also need to grab some bread (a hearty toasted sourdough is the prime choice), vegan mayo (or make your own spicy mayo!) and probably a side of chips.
Vegan Mushroom Bacon
For this homemade sandwich we're cooking up our own vegan bacon. This vegan mushroom bacon is made of PINK! oyster mushrooms (though you can swap whatever mushroom you have available to you).
It's chewy, crispy and absolutely bursting with bacon flavor. You're mouth will literally not be able to comprehend that it isn't actually bacon in your mouth.
Find the recipe and easy directions to how to prep the mushroom bacon here!
The best thing about sandwiches in general is that you can make them however your heart desires!
- Spicy - pile on some homemade spicy mayo to add a spicy twist
- Deluxe - Take the basic vegan BLT and turn in up a notch by adding a hearty layer of avocado
- Extra crunch- Add a hearty level of potato chips to this sandwich for an added crunch. This was one of my favorite things to do as a kid and I still LOVE it to this day.
Time saving tip
To save some time, prep your mushroom bacon ahead of time! For the best crunch, the vegan bacon is best served fresh, but it will still be delicious made ahead!
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment and ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below! Take a picture and tag me on Instagram @samcookskindness !
Vegan "BLT" Sandwich (with mushroom bacon!)
- 4 slices bread like a hearty sourdough
- 1 batch vegan mushroom bacon (link in notes)
- 4-6 tablespoons vegan mayo
- large tomato, sliced an heirloom variety is my preference
- salt and pepper
- potato chips
- Makes 2 sandwiches:
- Toast bread to your liking and coat each slice of bread with vegan mayo.
- To each sandwich, add on a hearty layer of sliced tomato and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add half of the mushroom bacon to each sandwich and a few pieces of lettuce. (Add on chips and/or avocado if using!)
- Put sandwiches together and cut in half! Enjoy!